6.23.2008

Dara was once called Daisy

The week I fell on the bathroom floor and begged my boyfriend to forgive me for cheating, God allowed me to catch strep throat. I was in California and my hurt and broken hearted boyfriend was 3000 miles away in Virginia. As I cried over the phone to him,I tried to reassure him that I would NEVER do this again, while unable to count the times I had done this to numerous boyfriends before.
Being from San Francisco, I had learned that you could believe in anything you wanted but mentioning Jesus just wasn't really an option, unless you were making fun of Him.
Saul also didn't treat Jesus kindly. He persecuted those who believed in Jesus. I imagine he probably made fun of them, too.
So my boyfriend forgave me...the first to ever do that! And then I got strep throat. I couldn't talk, sleep, eat, and I barely could drink. For 5 days I slurped tomato soup slowly as my boyfriend read scripture to me over the phone. I couldn't talk back!
Saul had a somewhat similar situation, Jesus revealed Himself to Saul and Saul was blinded and couldn't eat or drink for 3 days.
After the three days was up and Saul received prayer, it is written,
"Immediately, something like scales fell from Saul's eyes and he could see again."
God later named Saul "Paul" and he is now known for the radical transformation from persecutor to evangelist. He boldly and without any fear shared Christ and many came to know Jesus.
Those scales fell off my eyes and I see the Truth and all I want to do is share Him with others.
I pray that God uses me in a mighty way like He used Paul. I have had the blessing of witnessing "something like scales" falling from the eyes of those who see the Truth and once denied it.
If you intend on stepping out in faith yourself and sharing Christ with those around you,
CAUTION: FALLING SCALES AHEAD!!!
When you witness those scales falling off other peoples eyes, you will be in awe and changed by the God who has the power to reveal Himself even to those who you think least likely to receive Him.

No comments: