6.27.2008

Wall-E and I save the World.

Maddy and I went to see Wall-E today. I liked it but about 3/4Th's of the way through,Maddy was snoring on my shoulder. Most of the movie has only two words repeated constantly: "Wall-E" and "Eve (a)".
I thought this was cleverly done, but my nearly 4 year old thought it wasn't worth watching unless her mouth was full of popcorn or skittles. The summary of the movie is this: Get off your bootay, get a life, get a love, and save the world.
So, as I sat watching the fat humans that gorged on food through straws and never got out of their hover chairs.....I began to feel slightly offended. I mean...I paid big moolah to gorge on skittles and popcorn and watch this movie and now they were telling more there is more to life?
So when we left the movie, feeling motivated to save the world, we drove 1/2 mile to the nearest Thai restaurant and then walked laps around a toy store. This was hard work so a late afternoon nap was in order. As Maddy and I snored as the rain pummeled against the window, I dreamt of food.
Now I am drinking a Cinnamon Dulce Latte while Maddy pretends to be a hair stylist on my head.
Deep Breaths.....now on to save the world...right after bed.

No comments: